SQL Node and static ip

I would like to the SQL node to query a database behind a firewall. However I’d like to restrict access to a single IP address that we trust. Is there a static IP associated from which the SQL queries will originate?

So this has been asked before, here is the response that was given by one of our engineers:

There are a number of different IP addresses that connection request could come from, and unfortunately, those IP addresses are not static and could change at any time due to the dynamic nature of how Losant runs workflows. - original post

I believe this is the same case here. I’m going to ask internally if there is a workaround for you.

Good Afternoon, was there a resolution in this case? We are doing the same thing, connecting to an Azure SQL server. I have added a couple of the IPs to the firewall at this point.

@MICHAEL_HICKEY

Currently, there is no direct workaround for this particular use case. Our outbound IP addresses are not static, and the range of these potential IP addresses is also not limited to a single set due to the nature of our infrastructure.

The following are potential routes you can take:

• Use the Azure Function Node to trigger an Azure Function that communicates with your SQL database.
  • Create a custom HTTP API that exposes data between your database and Losant.
  • Configure a proxy that offers a single entry point into your database. Ngnix is a great tool to look into for this.

Thanks,
@Aidan_Zebertavage

1 Like