[Solved] Cannot build anything using Platformio and Losant Library

Hi,
I followed your instructions to install your library and example code for your door sensor as explained in:

However I cannot proceed with any build because regardless of what I do. It seems that your library is missing the corresponding json file for platformio.

I get a warning when installing the library:

pio lib install 277
Library Storage: /Users/sedim/Documents/NodeMCU/losant-kit-door-sensor/.piolibdeps
LibraryManager: Installing id=277
Downloading…
Unpacking…
Losant @ 1.2.0 has been successfully installed!
Installing dependencies
Looking for Json library in registry
Warning! Library {u'frameworks': [u'arduino'], u'name': u'Json', u'authors': u'Benoit Blanchon'} has not been found in PlatformIO Registry
You can ignore this message, if {u'frameworks': [u'arduino'], u'name': u'Json', u'authors': u'Benoit Blanchon'} is a built-in library (inc
luded in framework, SDK). E.g., SPI, Wire, etc.
Looking for PubSubClient library in registry
Found: Your Gateway to Embedded Software Development Excellence · PlatformIO
LibraryManager: Installing id=89
Downloading…
Unpacking…
PubSubClient @ 2.6 has been successfully installed!

And I get an error when trying to build your example code:
Processing nodemcuv2 (platform: espressif8266, board: nodemcuv2, framework: arduino)

Verbose mode can be enabled via -v, --verbose option
Converting losant-kit-door-sensor.ino
Collected 32 compatible libraries
Looking for dependencies…
Error: Could not find Json dependency for Losant library

I also tried deinstalling and re-installing the library(s) in the Global directory but to no avail.
Please note:
I have no problem building many .cpp and .ino projects using platformio with many other libraries installed without any problems.

Thank you for your help in this matter. I look forward to using Losant.

Partially Solved:
The manifest for the library “Losant” in (library.json) provided through platformio has a dependency on “ArduinoJson”. However, it refers to the library “Json” which does not exist. So (“name”: “Json”) should be ( “name”: “ArduinoJson”):

{
  "name": "Losant",
  "keywords": "communication, wifi, wi-fi, http, iot",
  "description": "Arduino MQTT client for connecting embedded devices to the Losant IoT developer platform",
  "repository":
  {
    "type": "git",
    "url": "https://github.com/Losant/losant-mqtt-arduino.git"
  },
  "version": "1.2.0",
  "dependencies":
  [
    {
      "name": "Json",
      "authors": "Benoit Blanchon",
      "frameworks": "arduino"
    },
    {
      "name": "PubSubClient",
      "frameworks": "arduino"
    }
  ],
  "frameworks": "arduino",
  "platforms": "*"
}

Please note: I manually changed it in my global library but I did not change it in GitHub. I am new to this environment so I am not absolutely sure that I should change it.

Thanks for the report and followup! Our library and kits were all written and tested with the Arduino IDE. We’ve experimented a bit with PlatformIO. We’ll dig in and make sure everything works properly.

We’ve updated the Losant library to reference the correct dependency. The update is now live in the PlatformIO package manager. Thanks!