Send Payload to Application workflows using paho mqtt

Hi,

I can able to update device state using paho mqtt(python) with broker.losant.com.(18883,8883)

ClientId=DeviceId,usernamepassword=Access Key/Secret Key.

When I pass the parameter like temprature I can see that value in Losant cloud’s Device State.

I want to pass some payloads to the Losant cloud-Application workflows using paho mqtt python.

Can I see that in Application workflows?

Can I have any samples for this?

Hello @sivasankari_s2,

I want to pass some payloads to the Losant cloud-Application workflows using paho mqtt python.

Can I see that in Application workflows?

Are you looking to trigger an Application Workflow when you report device state with your Python code? Could you tell me what MQTT Topic you are publishing to?

If you are publishing to losant/<device-id>/state you can use a Device: State Trigger to execute a workflow when a device reports state.

Could you share a screenshot of where you are seeing the device state and want to send to Application Workflows?

Thank you,
Heath

I was trying to connect losant using the MQTT Lens MQTT simulator, there I was added losant credentials after adding it’s not yet connecting to the losant. If that connection establishes the losant name colour will show from RED to GREEN.
Client_ID = Device ID
Username = Access Key
Password = Access Secret Key