Overall payload count

If an incoming mqtt payload contains “raw values” from a sensor (4-20mA or 0-10V) and a workflow needs to be added to scale that value in to a new attribute, will that add to the overall payload count?

You will generate a payload from the raw MQTT message. If that workflow then records device state, that will result in a second payload.

I can see payload usage under organization, but would be nice to be able to drill down to application, workflow and device to see where the load is.

You can see payloads per application on the application overview page. Similar to the organization view, it does breakdown all sources of payloads, which can be helpful when determining where and how payloads are being consumed.

Determining which specific device is generating payloads is likely a factor of which device is reporting the most state. This isn’t the easiest data to retrieve, so potentially something to think about on our end.

I’m guessing you are referring to the “usage(this period)” section at the bottom of each application overview.
Is this usage data available over an api?

Yep, everything you see on the screen is accessible via the API.

ok, great.
maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to enable/disable a workflow with another workflow?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

Yes, this can be done; please visit the Workflow REST API documentation for Patch.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Julia

ok, I successfully tested getting the usage counter values using the API for one application.
From what I understand I can only do this from one application at the time since the API token is generated per application.
Or is there a way to issue a token for all my applications?

You could generate a token for your user; that would have access to all of your applications. That’s effectively how the platform interface works.

Take care with the token you get in this response, as it would have FULL permissions to read and edit all of your applications and their resources.