New application creation/import rate limits using REST API and import method?

Hi, when creating new Applications via the Losant REST API using the import method, does anyone know what the rate limit is? Is this ‘hard’, or a soft limit? After creating 20-30 application over about 90 minutes, it starts failing.

Hello @Andrew_Leckie1,

Welcome to the Losant Forums! We’re happy to have you here.

Could you give me some more detail on what your use case is?

Also, any information about what the response message is or the error message you’re seeing would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Heath

Hello,
our developer said he found another issue with how we were using the Losant REST API to create (import) the new applications from the app template in our testing (using Cloud Functions), so the perceived rate limit wasn’t a Losant one. However, we would still like to know what the hard or soft limits are on the rate of doing this via the REST API. It affects the number of concurrent applications we could create in a ‘peak’ of activity. We would also ideally like Losant to offer a Webhook type callback for the application import and creation process completion as well, instead of just the current option of monitoring an email address (problematic in code and prone to global email delays) - i.e. as an argument in the Losant REST application ‘import’ API call, allow us to pass in a callback URI for notifications when the process completes.

Regards,
Andrew.

@Andrew_Leckie1,

Thanks so much for the information!

However, we would still like to know what the hard or soft limits are on the rate of doing this via the REST API.

The limit on application creation is once per minute.

Regarding the callback URI for the endpoint, this a great feature! I’ll make a Feature Request now, and will be sure to follow up with you if it is selected for development.

Thank you,
Heath