Link within custom html block

I have a dashboard where a custom html block shows data in a table.
One of the columns contain a URL link.
I have tried different targets for the link like _top and _parent but can only get it to open if I right click and open in a new Tab.

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

I have opened a ticket with our engineering team to add the pop-ups permission for this block. I will reach out when this request has been implemented.

Thanks!
Julia

Do you know if this could be a long wait?
I’m hoping to get the project I’m using this in done early next week.

@Lars_Andersson,

Sorry! We try not to promise exact dates in order to stay honest with you. However, this is in the next release which will be out within a few weeks.

so is this fixed now?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

That is correct; this was fixed with our latest Platform Update.

Thanks again for your patience and suggestions!
Julia

ok, any info on that ?, because I can’t seem to get it to work still.

any updates on this?

Hey @Lars_Andersson,

Good day. As Julia mentioned, this was fixed within the last release. If you’re still having issues, please provide more detail.

I have a link specified as follows in one of those blocks, but when clicking it, nothing happens.

<td><a href='/history?device=${row.deviceId}&t=${row.starttime}' target='_parent'>${row.start}</a></td>

@Lars_Andersson,

While using the Chrome browser, when you click the link, do you get any errors within Chrome Dev Tools Console?

If so, please include screenshots.

Good idea.
I noticed this:

Hey Lars,

With this update, only _blank is supported. Allowing top-level navigation using _parent and _top provide a way to create malicious dashboards that we cannot allow.

ok, understood.
That works.