Limit user access in backend

Hey!

I was wondering if it’s possible within the Losant platform to create users that are limited within the backend. So for example, they can edit a dashboard but can’t edit devices or experience pages etc.

I just noticed you can invite people to your organization with limited access. Is it also possible to prevent them from seeing the emails of other organization members?

And if possible i’d like to add them to an application with limited access instead of an organization.

I was wondering if it’s possible within the Losant platform to create users that are limited within the backend.

So you can’t create a user with limited permissions, but you can create Application API Tokens with limited permissions. The token is scoped to a single application and you can selectively choose which actions the token is allowed to perform. However, those tokens are only for direct API access; you couldn’t utilize one of those in the Losant web interface.

I just noticed you can invite people to your organization with limited access. Is it also possible to prevent them from seeing the emails of other organization members?

And if possible i’d like to add them to an application with limited access instead of an organization.

Yes, actually - invite the user to your organization with “None” permission. This will hide all other org member info from them as well as all org resources by default. You can then selectively grant permissions to specific applications for that user.