How can we filter devices by users?

Hi! I’m just wondering if it’s possible to filters the devices by a user. Let’s say one of the users created under Experience registered a device. How would I assign this device to a particular user? I don’t see any options that would allow me to do this on Losant. Since we are going to have a hundred of users and devices, there needs to be a way for me to filter this! Is this possible and how do I achieve this?

Thank You.

0 Likes

Device tags are meant for storing this sort of meta information against your devices. So, for every device in your application, you would want to set (for example) a tag on the device with the key userId and the value equal to the experience user’s ID.

When creating a user you’ll get that ID back in the response. You can also find a user by email address to get their ID. Then, you can use the Losant API Node to update the device by adding / updating the userId tag.

(Note: in the next couple weeks we’ll have an “Update Device” node in the workflow palette that will make this final step a bit easier.)

0 Likes

This is the exact scenario described in our Experience Walkthrough. I recommend checking it out for further details.

0 Likes