GPS location display with no GPS value in the Payload

Hi, Is there a way to have the GPS default location display with no GPS value in the Payload?

Thank you for your time

Hi @tirosh_gutte,

There is currently no way to represent a “default value” within the GPS blocks. Typically this is done by forcing the state of the device, and have the block display the most recent value.

Or, if your logic is more complicated than that, you could build an application workflow that reports the GPS state as desired.

Thank you for this fast reply,

Can you please direct me how to build an application workflow that reports the GPS state as desired. Or add a link to an example that illustrate how to issue a GPS state?

@tirosh_gutte,

Could you give me some background as to how you would like it to function?

To build a workflow that reports GPS on a given interval, all you would need is the Timer Node and the Device State Node.

Again, Thank you.

This is where I am at now, Where should I add the Timer Node/Device State Node (attach to what) and how should they be set up?

Hi @tirosh_gutte,

The workflow would look like this:

The Timer Node is firing, for this example, every one minute, and the Device State Node is updating the GPS attribute. The frequency of the Timer Node is customizable, and the firing counts against your payload limit.

Thanks!
Julia

Thank you for your reply
Please note I do not have a GPS value in my payload.
I set the same workflow as you depicted, but in the Dashboard I still get the following message:

Thank you for your assistance

Hi @tirosh_gutte,

You will need to insert your own GPS string in the Device State Node. It does not need to be on the payload, it could just be a value you set. Since you are looking to set a “default” value, you would set a GPS value, for example:

location= 39.21,-84.42

Thanks,
Julia

Thank you, you solved it