Would be nice to set the Min/Max range for the Gauge Dial with context variables.
@Lars_Andersson, you actually can use context variables in those spots; however, when validating the input of the gauge min and max values, we resolve the templates you insert there against the currently set dashboard context.
For example, assuming you have:
- A number variable called “min” whose current value is 0
- A number variable called “max” whose current value is 100
You can define the gauge min and max values as
But these cases would fail:
- Referencing a context variable that does not exist
- Referencing a non-number context variable
- Referencing context variables whose current values resolve to a min greater than the max, or a max greater than the min