Export dashboard

Is there a way I can export a dashboard for import in to another application?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

Currently, there is a feature request open for this functionality, I will give it a +1. In the meantime, you do have the ability to clone blocks and select the target dashboard, so blocks could be transferred this way. In addition, I am currently building an example that utilizes the API Node, and will follow up with those details when completed.

Thanks!
Julia

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

I have attached an export for a workflow that can be configured to clone a workflow from one application to another. After you import it, you will see labeled nodes and notes inside the workflow detailing how this process functions. Please let me know if I can assist any further or if you run into any issues!

dashboard-export-and-import-develop (1).flow (8.4 KB)

Thanks!
Julia

so the dashboard needs to be make public, at least for the time of exporting?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

The dashboard does not need to be public when using the Losant Token. I have updated the workflow to reflect this and made some minor changes, the new file is attached below.

(see following posts)

Thanks!
Julia

It mentions “open dev tools” and goto cookies under storage.
I’m not sure where this is.

Never mind, I found it in the chrome browser.

So I filled out the info , enabled the workflow and executed it, and I couldn’t see any errors, but the dashboard did not show up in the new derstination.
Note, I imported this workflow as an application workflow.
Should it have been imported as an experience workflow?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

Please use the workflow below, it has been modified. And you are correct, it is an application workflow! :smile: There was an additional value being sent in the POST request that could have caused a problem, I apologize for the confusion.

dashboard-export-and-import-develop.flow (9.0 KB)

Thanks!
Julia

so can I just replace the Post node?

Lars,

The only node that was changed was the Mutate Node, you can copy that over and replace it!

Thanks,
Julia

That worked fine!
Thanks