Edge Agent + Loop Node: FlowTimeoutError Timeout running workflow

Hi Losant Team,

I am running a small IP scanner algorithm with a LOOP node inside of the edge agent. I use RUN EXECUTABLE node + Ping command to check a certain pool of IP addresses. Sometimes when address does not respond (exist), I get a error of FlowTimeoutError Timeout running workflow.

I suppose it’s because there is an embedded timer for Loop node. I limited a number of PING attemps to 3, but still sometimes this error pops up. The problem is that once loop timeout error pops up, the loop stops.

Is there a way to increase a timer for Loop node or organize the process in the smarter way?

Thank you.

Hi @Alexander_Kondrov,

I am looking into this and will get back to you shortly with some suggestions.

Thanks!
Julia

Hi @Alexander_Kondrov,

Could you provide a screenshot of your workflow? You are likely receiving this error if the workflow could not execute within the allotted 60 seconds, but the reason for this can vary. I don’t see anything currently that would cause this error, but would like to make sure I have the workflow configured correctly.

Thanks!
Julia

Julia,

I am replacing a gateway currently. I will provide once I put a new one

Julia,

I finally got conditions to reproduce the issue/feature with Loop Node Timeout. This time in regular workflow sending to the Edge Agent, but not inside of the edge logic.

Basically I am running IP scanner for a subnet from 1 to 255. So, my INDEX in the subnet is changing from 0 to 255 and I just ping the following address: XXX.XXX.XXX.INDEX. I also added the delay of 5 seconds to each loop, to give time for4 each command to be executed at the edge level before the next command is received. At about 12th iteration out of 255, I receive
It’s how my setup looks like overall:
Workflow Level
Loop Level:

Could you advice how to increase the timeout of the loop to avoid this error?