Device Stat trigger on connection status

Hi there,
I want to use the device state trigger to create an even when one of my devices is change its connection status.
However the trigger device state block doesn’t seem to act or report the connection information.
Maybe I am not looking in the right place?

We have a Connect Trigger node, which fires when a device is connected to the Losant network, and a Disconnect Trigger node which does the opposite. Take a look and see if these help!

Interesting, so here’s my problem, I want to create an alert only when a device status goes from connected to disconnected.
I noticed that both the connect trigger and disconnect trigger will create an event if the status persist, so I am thinking okay I can use Latch node but I can only take one input node let’s say the Disconnect but I have no way to reset the latch with a Connect event.
Any suggestions are welcome.

With that added context, I believe the best way to go about this is to use Device: Disconnected to trigger Event: Create to create the event, and then use Device: Connected to trigger Event: Update to resolve the event.

You could also use a Latch node by setting the latch identifier to the device ID. If you want to explore this path, here’s a link to a template that might help: https://app.losant.com/applications/recent/template-library/search?search=latch&templateId=5f909d5bc0779800540ef0e7

That is actually a good idea, yes I used that template already great.