Certain data doesn't load on dashboards

On the block I checked out, there are two items:

1. You are not checking for the existence of your specific variable. You have a loop watching for input.ctx, but if that’s an empty object it will pass your loop and die when you attempt to access a specific variable. I recommend surrounding the use of input.ctx.whatever with a check that whatever exists. This is currently not the cause of your issue, but should be fixed anyway.

2. The endpoint that your fetch is requesting is failing because the payload is too large for your Function Node. The maximum amount of data you can send a Function Node is 5MB. You are attempting to send it a little over 6MB. You’ll have to 1) remove items from the payload before the node 2) provide a specific payload path to avoid sending unnecessary data. You can see these errors in the workflow debug panel when if you leave the tab open. You can also see these errors in the workflow metrics tab.

I think we’re seeing the same issue here:

1/ Using a custom HTML block to create a reports table. Sometimes we’re getting no data in the table.

2/ Using the ‘Set Tag’ indicator block. Sometimes the tags don’t populate with the latest available tags from the ctx.deviceId.

Could you please DM me so I can share a couple of examples?

I think we’re also seeing the same issue. I will send more details via DM to assist in the investigation.

Thanks

Just letting everybody that yesterday’s platform update addressed this issue. ctx resolves to your full dashboard context on the first and all subsequent checks, as opposed to the problem described here where it was occasionally first resolving to an empty object ({}.)

Thanks to everyone for the reports and the help identifying the issue!