Can Losant receive websocket data from ground device?

I am using a simulator which support websocket protocol.
Currently it is send to my localhost Java program.
Can i use the same simulator to send data to Losant Platform via websocket?

Appreciate help and advice.

Losant does not have first-class support for ingesting data over a websocket connection, though this is a feature request we have received in the past. I will add your +1 to that request. (We do support connecting to our MQTT broker over ws or wss protocols, but I do not think that will help in your use case.)

Instead, you could send the data to Losant over a webhook request, through our MQTT broker, or one of our other supported integration.

Hi Dylan,

I’m reaching out to inquire about Losant’s support for websockets. While I understand MQTT is supported, our work with third-party APIs requires direct websocket support. Is this feature on your roadmap, and if so, could you share any potential release dates?

Best,
Tony

Hey @Tony_Garcia,

We just released WebSocket support for our Webhooks. This allows our existing Webhooks to now support WebSocket connections. Does this deliver the functionality you require?

I’m not sure if we are able to make the direct websocket connection to our client API. I konw they are not using webhook, but that being said i’m not too farmilar with how the websocket and webhook interact. One other technicality we have is that our data over the websocket is serialized using CapNProto, so we would need a way to serialize and deserialize using CapNProto. I do have a free account and will try to do my own analysis on this. Thank you.

We’ve just released a WebSocket integration that allows your application to establish a client connection to a WebSocket server for bidirectional data flow. You can learn more about this feature in our documentation.

Thanks for the feature suggestion.