[Solved] Creating entire dashboards using Rest-Api?

Hello,

I see in the Losant API documentation that you can create dashboard and data tables as seen here: https://docs.losant.com/rest-api/data-tables/ , but what about all of the other “Blocks” such as maps, graphs, gauges, etc? Are there API functions to create these?

Thanks!

Derek

Hi Derek,

The block configurations are, unfortunately, not documented. It is in our queue to complete but not a priority at the moment. To work around this I would suggest that you use the interface to design the dashboard you would want, and then use the dashboard get call to see what the JSON for those blocks looks like. Then you can dynamically create dashboards through the API. We are also more than happy to answer any questions you have along the way as this process is not ideal.

Thanks,
Erin

Erin,

Thanks for the tip! That makes sense, Last question on this topic, I assume all of these API’s can be called from within a workflow. So for example, I could have one dashboard kick off a workflow that builds 10 identical dashboards?

Thanks,

Derek

Derek,

You can, but you cannot use the Losant API Node because that node authenticates as an application, and applications and dashboards are separate. However, you could use the HTTP Node, and make the API call, and authenticate as a user.

Hope this helps,
Erin