Mqtt using websockets

Unfortunately, no. It is fairly common for devices to generate random client IDs, but that’s not supported for Losant’s broker. The client ID must be set to the device ID.

What are the other cloud service options in that drop-down?

Below is the list of all the cloud functions:

Available documentation for this device leaves a lot to be desired. I can’t find detailed documentation on configuring any of these except for Dropbox.

You might be able to use Private Server and send the data to a Webhook. I say might, because the configuration takes an IP address for the server, but it will require a hostname instead. I found a non-English Youtube video that showed the screen, but I haven’t found any other details.

Hey @Brandon_Cannaday,
As solution for this I’m considering creating a virtual machine on AWS EC2, where I’d install the GEA and a mosquito broker.
The Wise4050 would communique to this instance via MQTT.
Then I could use an edge workflow with the MQTT publish and subscribe nodes using the local broker to communicate with the device.

What do you think? If you think that could work, any specifics on how I should configure the docker container?
Cheers
Jules

That could work. You may not require Mosquitto since the GEA has a broker built in that I believe will work with this device. The GEA broker supports TLS connections and you can configure a custom username and password. Devices can connect with any client ID.

1 Like

Thanks @Brandon_Cannaday,
I should have thought about that… I used this old post to find more info, and the only difference is that my device is not on the same network. I set the broker ip address to ‘0.0.0.0’ in the config file and it worked.

Excellent. Glad you got it working!