Modbus Read node - Special function Read Device Identification

Hello!

I need to use a special function from Modbus Protocol called “Read Device Identification” (0x2B)
which you can find in Modbus standard section “6.21 43 / 14 (0x2B / 0x0E) Read Device Identification” at Modbus Application Protocol V1.1b

This is important in our application in order to automatically create devices on the platform based in such information like VendorName, ProductCode, ProductName, etc. that can be read using this function.

My question is: It is possible to do it using Modbus Read Node? I’ve read the docs but haven’t found anything about it, or how to create a custom message request.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Kelvin_Andrade1,

Unfortunately, this functionality is not currently possible with the Modbus Node. I have created a Feature Request for this and will update you when this functionality is available.

Thanks so much!
Julia

1 Like

Hello!
Great! I will be waiting to test this functionality!

Thank you for your attention!

Hi @Kelvin_Andrade1,

I wanted to inform you that this Feature Request was released with our recent Platform Release. “Read Device Identification” is now available within the Modbus: Read Node for the Edge Agent v1.16.0. As always, thank you for your suggestions and feedback, they are vital in improving the Losant Platform.

Thanks!
Julia

1 Like