Losant Experience Auth/Login using OAuth and Firebase Authorisations

While the existing Experience login method has a SAML Login and Verify node to work with, SAML is an older SSO protocol, and is difficult to set up and diagnose when things go awry. It also requires synchronising the Experience Domain slug used with the SAML XML metadata and certificates. It would be much better for Losant to create newer OAuth and Firebase Experience authentication methods, as these are well supported by most mainstream SaaS (cloud based) applications today, and they also have good diagnostic and trace tools within these systems. We would like the Losant team to add this as a new feature to the Experience apps.

Hi @Andrew_Leckie1,

I’ve created a feature request for the Firebase integration within Losant Experiences. We will follow up directly if and when this feature is released!

Thanks for your input,
@Aidan_Zebertavage

Hi,
thanks for that. What might allow you to cover many Auth types would be an Experience workflow node that integrated with the Auth0 guys SaaS IDM products. Then we could use almost any authentication technology they supported.

Regards,
Andrew.

@Andrew_Leckie1,

Thanks for the additional suggestion Andrew!

I’ll update our feature request with this info and I will be sure to reach back out with any updates as I get them.

Best,
@Aidan_Zebertavage

Hi, any progress with this Auth0 integration feature request?

Hello @Andrew_Leckie1,

I don’t currently have an update for you. I will, though, go bump that feature request. I’ll be sure to reach out to you as I learn more.

Thank you,
Heath

Hi @Heath - it doesn’t have to be Auth0 specific. Auth0 supports a number of authentication and authorisation standards. You could (for example) take what you have done with your SAML SSO node and implement an OpenID or OAuth node. But a organisation level SSO that easily integrated with Auth0 would be the ultimate product feature!

@Andrew_Leckie1 we just added an Auth0 Login entry to our Template Library based on your suggestion. Please check it out and let us know if it solves your use case!

Hi Dylan, looks great, but I get the “Cannot add this template to your application. Your organization requires additional resources.” red error message/dialog at the top when I visit this template. What ‘resources’ exactly are required to use this thanks?

Also, if I go to create a new blank application in our Organization, I do not see the Auth0 template available.

Hey @Andrew_Leckie1,

if I go to create a new blank application in our Organization, I do not see the Auth0 template available.

The Auth0 Template is a template in the Template Library

I’ve included a picture of how to find it after you create a blank application.

Are you following the same process and not seeing the Auth0 Template show up for you?

What ‘resources’ exactly are required to use this thanks?

Resources required for the Template are listed in the modal that shows after you select a template:

In the case of the Auth0 template, it uses:

• 4x Experience Endpoints
  • 4x Experience Views
  • 6x Files
  • 1x Workflow

Please let me know if I’ve answered your questions!

Thank you,
Heath

Thanks Heath,
I tried to add the template to an existing Sandbox app, but got that error message. I’ve just opened an Org level Experience app, and added the Auth0 template successfully to it now thanks.

1 Like