External Website block - Help

Hello!

I would like to know what is the best way to show data from a device of my application using the block “External Website”.
With this, I’ll be able to create my own custom block using HTML.

By the way, I would also like to know if Losant platform offers any kind of “Marketplace” for dashboard blocks?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Kelvin_Andrade, and welcome to the Losant Forums :smile:

The External Website Block is used to display some other web page or status board along side Losant information on your dashboard. This means you will not be able to show device data in this block, unless you were to display another dashboard. There is not currently a Losant block that allows for custom HTML, but you can always embed a block into an external website. You can also write custom HTML and Javascript in an experience, which may be more what you are looking for, you really get a lot of freedom!

We do not have a marketplace for dashboard blocks, but I will give this idea to our engineers!

Thanks,
Julia

2 Likes

Hello there, thanks for answering!

It would be attractive if I could develop custom blocks and then be able to distribute it in other applications, or allow other users to utilize it (marketplace).

Imagine an environment where I have an specific PLC model, and I implement it in varied types of machines.
Hence, in all of these machines I want to view default variables from this PLC, like CPU load, and setup it Modbus RTU protocol parameters.

If I had a specific block to this PLC, I could just utilize it in all applications!
Or is there any way that I could achieve all of it using current Losant resources?

Thanks again!

@Kelvin_Andrade,

So, we have talked internally a lot about different “marketplace” options, and it’s something we are surely thinking about. I’ll be sure to let you know if anything happens on this front.

However, today, you can easily clone blocks that you would like to resue. All you would need to do make it once then you can reuse as much as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds great!

Thanks for supporting and have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @Kelvin_Andrade ,

I wanted to inform you that Custom HTML Blocks were released with our recent Platform Release. Thank you for your input!

Have a great day,
Julia

1 Like

Hey @JuliaKempf, nice to hear it!

Thanks for the support!

1 Like