Edge modbus values

when reading/displaying and writing modbus values from a dashboard input, it would be nice to be able to define how many decimals the values should have, when configuring the modbus blocks.
That way I wouldn’t have to use Calculate blocks for every read/write block.
Unless there is already a way I haven’t found yet…

I’m not quite sure I follow what you are asking for? When configuring a modbus node, you just pass in the value you want to write to a register. Generally, if you are taking in external input and need to perform validation, we would recommend using other nodes to perform that validation, as the modbus node will only error if is a value outside of the valid range to write to a modbus register.

Sorry, I didn’t explain enough detail. So far the Modbus systems I have talked to could only utilize integers, so when a temp of 100.0 F was measured, a value of 1000 came over the Modbus register.
So when reading it and displaying in dashboard I had to divide by 10, and when writing a setpoint back I had multiply with 10. Does that make sense?

Ah, I see, that makes sense. I doubt we will build that right into the Modbus read/write nodes, as that is only one of the many kinds of transformations folks are having to do to data coming in and out of modbus (and it generally seems like no two people are doing the same kind of transform). We are keeping track of common things people need to do - if it turns out this is very common, we might revisit this.