Countdown to next service

Hi Folks,

I’'m wondering if there is a block I could use to visually show the hours to the next service interval for industrial equipment? I was thinking something like a countdown widget or progress bar? Maybe a bar chart?

If you can store the date of the next service interval as a number attribute on a device, and format that number as a Unix timestamp in milliseconds, you could use an Indicator Block to display the next interval either as an absolute date or as a rounded value relative to the current time.

For an absolute date value (i.e. “Jan 1, 2019 at 12:30pm”), use the {{formatDate}} format helper. Pass the result of your query as the first argument, and you can pass in a Moment.js format string as the second argument to display in any format you’d like.

For a relative value (i.e. “in 14 days”), use the {{formatDateRelative}} helper. Again, pass the query result as the first argument, but do not pass a second argument to default to “now”.

You can even use the block’s conditional statements to change the background color or messaging as you approach the service window.

Time Delayed Event Triggering